This is not a beginner’s class! If you are questioning if this course is for you, please call prior to signing up. Safety is paramount! This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course. Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have solid intermediate to advanced gun-handling skills on both weapon systems (Tactical Rifle and Pistol) established prior to attending this firearms training course. Students who do not meet these prerequisites and show unsafe gun handling skills will be asked to leave at the instructor’s discretion with no promise of a refund.
Students seeking to enhance their gun-handling skills with the semi-automatic pistol and tactical rifle will find that this firearms training course covers advanced drills integrating both weapon systems. This firearms training course focuses on tactical shooting, development of aggressive gun-handling skills and dynamic action while deploying your weapon systems. Also included, covering the concepts of owning/dominating the weapons, the threat, and all visual areas while continuously moving will be emphasized throughout the class. Students will develop reflexive gun-handling skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats while performing multiple complex tasks.
During this training, students will discuss the importance of knowing the difference between speed vs. accuracy. Students will practice multiple shot drills on a single threat target as well as multiple threat shooting drills. We will engage threats while moving in all directions, as well as while negotiating obstacles. Shooting positions will be discussed and practiced. We will practice transition and reloading drills along with discussing ammunition management. Students will also practice stoppage drills. Weapon retention will be discussed and tested. Also one handed manipulation strong and support side will be tested. Distance shooting will be tested and shooting from cover and/or concealment will be taught. Hostage or small target engagement will be addressed.
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
- At least one serviceable handgun.
- At least one serviceable, already zeroed tactical rifle with a sling!
- If you have it, bring a backup for both.
- At least 3 magazines for each firearm with a proper spare mag holder/pouch for each.
- Eye and Ear protection and proper range attire for any weather.
- At least 250 rounds of new, manufactured ammunition for each firearm. So at least 500 rounds. (No reloads)
- A good quality strong side holster designed for the handgun being used, Leather or Kydex or Molded. (No cross draw or shoulder holsters allowed. Nylon holsters also won’t work.)
- Also recommended Elbow and Knee Pads (Drills will Be Conducted on Gravel)
- A sack lunch and plenty of fluids to drink
- Camping/portable chair
Tuition: $150. This includes your range fee. Successful completion of this class by demonstrating safe gun handling skills will earn you a $25 voucher for future classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.
Thank you for your consideration and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to discuss options for training
Defensive Shooting Concepts
“Praise the Lord, who is my Rock. He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.” Psalms 144:1