The Active Killer Response Training can be tailored for armed or unarmed response depending on your needs and situation. Contact us today to learn more.
Why do you need to train? As in any other public forum, there will be a variety of people with a variety of problems and agendas visiting your services, business or place of employment. A person or group could visit these locations solely for the purposes of harming or killing your employees or patrons (Active Killer / Terrorist Attack). They may attend or visit armed with dangerous weapons that they intend to use for harm. They could be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and/or have mental illness issues. Being able to recognize a threat is as important as responding to that threat. Being able to respond to that threat requires a plan that is practiced. Only with proper training and practice can a person be prepared and truly effective in defending themselves and others.
A person needs to plan and prepare how to deal with the above issues, as well as any other potential emergencies. A person must train and practice in advance for such events. Having a plan to respond to emergencies in your church, business or place of employment helps minimize risks to your members, customers, employees or yourself.
Defensive Shooting Concepts has created an Active Killer Response Training class for your church, business or place of employment. This is a training session to help develop the following skills:
- Mental preparedness.
- Training begins with a classroom instruction session.
- A person needs to understand what this type of response means and what they may be facing.
- Define an Active Killer and discuss the two types of killers.
- Discuss the differences between the need for a rapid response and immediate action and the need for normal response from local emergency responders.
- Discuss how to respond before and after Local Law Enforcement arrives.
- Discuss the Run, Hide, Fight principles and how they may affect your response.
- Train how to respond to an active shooter/killer situation. What to listen and look for and how to take action.
- Train and develop basic survival skills. This will cover how to move through a building and discuss escape options.
- Evaluate any current plans and make recommendations on improvements if needed.
- Live response training in the building. Scenario based response in different parts of your business or building.
- Provide some training scenarios that you can practice in the future to continually develop.
If you are forced to respond to these types of evil situations you will want to be as prepared as possible.
“In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
Thank you for your consideration and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to discuss options for training